Monday, March 13, 2006

Inspiring Food in Eternity

What most inspires you? (Natalie)

Without a doubt, the most inspiring thing I've ever experienced is watching people graciously serve when they don't have to. They don't have to say a thing, it's in the humility of their actions. I see Jesus there and he is washing his disciples' feet saying, "I your Lord and savior have washed your feet. Now go and do the same."

What, in this world, causes you to long for eternity the most? (Deb)

This question had me stumped for a long time. Often EVERYTHING makes me long for eternity: frustration, change, people, living with myself, school, work, you name it. The most, you ask? I guess the loneliness, the incompleteness and imperfection of all I see and am makes me long, even weep for the day when this life will finally end.


What are your three favorite foods and where would you like to eat them? (Linds)
1) Taco soup around the table with my family after a day of some good hard work, laughter, good smells, familiar voices... wonderful.
2) Thai food with Deb and Nat in any number of different settings from a small apartment with Fred Astaire to a nice restaurant across town to a poignant cultural experience.
3) I am becoming quite fond of good fruit and cheese with casual conversation, a couple good friends and perhaps a glass of wine.

Question for you: Who are 5 people you respect and what makes you respect them?

No comments: