Big sigh of relief.
This week is finally over. So much drama over teachers and students freaking out over tests and a very tired me. Those combined with news of a former student being killed made this week a doosey.
Nat, your posts are so encouraging. Thank you.
I must say that teaching language arts is really fun. I like learning the spelling rules I never paid attention to before. Like when there is a vowel and a consonant at the end of a word like stop and you add an ending like -ed or -ing you double the consonant making stopping. If there is a consonant before a -y like in city you change to an -i for cities, but if there is a vowel and -y you don't. This stuff fascinates me! Weird, huh? I think the funniest was talking about contractions with my class. There is cannot which turns to can't and should not changing to shouldn't and then there is will not which naturally turns to willn't right? We all got a laugh out of that one. Oh, and you know what else all my 3rd graders thought was hilarious? The scene in the Magician's Nephew where Uncle Andrew is being planted and fed by all the animals! Wow- I never knew Narnia was so funny!
Another week in the life of Manhattan Academy I guess. And a three day weekend ahead. I am so glad.
1 comment:
:) I like the things that fascinate you and make you excited. You are one in everyone!
Post a Comment