Wednesday, January 30, 2008

All in my toes.

I'll be your Starbucks girl.:) Maybe I will move to WI and work at one. That is actually sounding better and better all the time.

I have had my moments of frustration this week. Actually I don't think I have been that frustrated for a very long time. Usually I get over it quickly but this I was ranting about to myself for about two hours! I had a project to do for church. I had a whole bunch of set backs and then by the time I was done it was one in the morning and it didn't even look nice! On top of that while I am suppose to be the children's ministries director I am struggling with why Sunday school is even in existence. At least in the form it has taken on in most churches today. I feel like we are taking God stuffing him in a box and putting a big bow on Him hoping that they will get "it" somehow. I mean really. How do you take the story of the Good Samaritan or the Mustard Seed and turn it into something that will be pertinent to a 4-5 year old? Maybe we are trying to explain to much. Wonder and getting so caught up in fun that you can't see anything else is such a part of being a child. So why are we telling stories that aren't entertaining? Why are they sitting with their legs crossed and their hands in their laps? Why are the craft projects we do so boring? Glue the cotton ball right here. Don't color outside of the lines. Oh you can't cut it here let me do it for you and you can take it home and pretend like you did something in Sunday school. :0 Seriously. I am so frustrated with it. See? I'm still storming!

There have been wonderful good to my toes moments too though.:) Yesterday I took the whole day off. I woke up late, went and got a triple americano ( my new favorite drink). Then I drove out to a reserve and wandered around on the trails for a couple of hours. The snow was mostly slush and I was soaking but it was so nice to be outside. There was a point though where I had wandered around trying to find my way back to my car and found myself in a place that I had already been. I was there standing with my feet solidly on the ground exhausted but laughing. It was a deep from the bottom of my stomach it doesn't matter who's watching cause this is so gloriously funny right now laugh! It felt good. After that I went to my favorite restaurant and read "the Brother's K" which by the way I think you would really enjoy! It really was the perfect day off.

Then this morning I got up for work and the doors to my car were frozen shut. Oh life!

A life motto? Hmmm I will have to think about that one. Is this for my whole life or just for right now. If it's for right now it would have to have something to do with being comfortable in my own skin. Hmmm.

I think of you. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat.
I really feel like we understand each other and are in a similar places right now. The whole education thing is not just Bible teaching, though that is most important, but how do you teach real life concepts and skills through paper and pencil? Even through speech? So much is simply personal realization and relationships.
Are you reading Dostoyevsky's Brother's Karamotzov (spelling?) if so, that is a crazy book, wonderfully written.
Motto: Right now and life. Either, both, sure.
Mine is evolving as something along the lines of "Do good, not evil. Create, not destroy. Love, not hate."
I'm sure there will be more in the end, but that has been a theme for a long time.
I love you my Starbucks Girl.
Linds

Nattie said...

where did you get that brain of yours? Amazing. Truly amazing!:)