Here I am at the end of a long day. I am satisfied with my work. I did an eight hour shift at Starbucks and then led a children's ministry meeting at church. I think that we are gaining headway. We are moving forward I am excited about dreaming and helping it happen. I saw better today why I am here. That I really do have so much to give myself to right here right now. Coming home isn't what I had hoped though. Jason and Angie are in the other room watching a John Candy movie and I don't know I just feel like something is missing. Maybe it is just that I am wanting a place to grow from, belong to. This is meant to be transient. I think my whole life is that way right now. It isn't suppose to be comfortable because I am not suppose to stay here long. It's just chaffing at me tonight. Well, it's pushing me towards something.
I got an email from a friend yesterday he said this," today, the world needs you. right now; this very moment, there are needs that you are to meet. go courageously forward with the confidence that your abilities can press, even a small bandage, against the wounds you see." It's amazing how those words haven taken root in me. Given me courage and new life. How powerful is the spoken word. These were a balm that heals and invigorates. So, I share them with you.
Oh yes you are needed! So very urgently. Your work matters. Your day matters. Your smile matters. Your voice matters.
Grace and peace to you.
The Growing One
1 comment:
I meant chafed.:)
Post a Comment