Monday, March 03, 2008

Nat, my mom is really sick. She was in the Intensive Care Unit much of last week. Her cancer cells are back up to 30%. She is so precious to me, yet I am stuck here in CA until the middle of June and cannot be with her. My siblings are having trouble growing up and thinking about people other than themselves. Lisa is 4 months pregnant and Mom is talking about flying out here for the birth of the baby. I am scared that she wants to at least see a grandchild in her lifetime. What am I to say?

2 comments:

Nattie said...

I don't think words exist for pain like that. Maybe it's OK not to try or maybe you just try anyways even if it falls short. You will know I think.

I wish I could be there. Hug you. Try to distract you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Natalie, a hug would be really nice.