I lost my cell phone!:( I hope you check in here soon. Do we have definate dates for when I need to be in WI if we are going to be looking at houses? I think Deb and I are going to be at a resort with our mom and aunt on the 19th. Just let me know what you're thinking.
Oh! I played at an open mic night last night. I booked a show. I am going to be opening for a band on May 1st. My first real show!:)
10 comments:
Hooray! Wow, wish I could be there for your show.
Dates look like Thursday afternoon and possibly Friday morning. I will be taking a train to a little town close to Deb. Sorry not to let you know sooner, I really hope you can make it!
Check this out!
http://www.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile/999910525.php
Initial thoughts- workable. I think it would be fine. I just think it is a shame to live is a place that has no character. But it is affordable. Have you tried Craig's list? I looked for a little while but I really have no sense of what area I should be looking in. There were some good 2 bed options for under $700 though.
Yes, craigslist is where I was looking. There were a bunch of good options, I tried to post a couple but my computer died...
The thing about this place is that it has everything from laundry to parking to free internet, though we may have to pay for heat. The houses with character have fewer perks for the same money. Things like wireless internet and laundry- we would have to go other places for.
As far as location, I would like to be less that 30 min from Oconomowoc or Waukesha. Also, we need a decent neighborhood to live in.
Let me know if you find anything!
Oh, and do you think you will be able to come down Thursday?
My car is broken. I don't think I will have it fixed by then.:( I also would have to get some shifts covered. You are going to be close to Deb on Thurs and Fri? How long will you be in WI?
Yeah, we should have planned this sooner. It would be nice to look at places together. Is it possible to still work something out?
Lol- such planners we are...
I'm in WI until Sunday morning. I have an appt to see the glen hills apt and one in Oconomowoc too. Just seeing what is out there. I sent you a couple craigslist options that looked do-able, let me know if you want me to look at any of those. I'll be looking tomorrow mostly and could maybe squeeze one or two in on Saturday.
Another option may be to not plan to move until July 1st and have a little more time to look around.
Oh, and do you still want to drive back from CA with me? Road trip?
Is there a phone # I can reach you at?
OK. This is so silly and funny. I just bought a cell phone but I won't have it for a few more days. I will let you know when it is activated.
If we don't move until July 1st I will have no place to live between June 26th and then. Yes, I am planning on the road trip. Thoughts: drive down to WI leave my car there, fly to CA, drive back with you.
I have off work today and will be hanging out with my roommate. Her number is (616) 826-3430.:)
This is really happening!
I was looking on Craig's list. I don't have a very good concept as far as where things are at in Milwaukee. Anyways these are the things that I am thinking. My dream list....i really hate carpet. I would love a place that didn't have it. I would love a place that is close to things like the grocery store (especially if it is a health food store). I want to start riding a bike places. Internet would be nice but couldn't we go to a coffee shop? I would love to be in a place where I could bike to work to. These are all just things that I would like. I realize that could be hard to make happen. In the end I can work with what we've got but I just thought I would let you know.
Is there a way that I can help you from here?
Oh, I only saw the one craig's list posting. where there more?
Hey Nat, Back in CA.
Call me when you have a phone- I have a very possible option for the summer at least.
562-292-6755
Post a Comment